Tokyo represents the most cutting-edge hallmark of Japanese ingenuity – ultra-modern living with flawless utilization of limited space. But the city, and Japan in general, is as traditional as it is modern. And when it comes to the centuries-old tradition of celebrating the beauty of sakura, the country’s unofficial national flower, people leave aside all their modern tools to catch a glimpse of their precious!
We don’t want you to miss out on this blossoming spectacle, so here’s a list of best sakura spots in Tokyo, and the best HomeAways in and around:
Several cherry trees (think hundreds!) decorate the East Gardens of the Imperial Palace around Kitanomaru Park and together constitute a spectacular sakura feast for the eyes. You can even rent a boat here to sail through the placid waters and enjoy the view at a leisurely pace. The evenings are pretty too, with the trees being lit up. Stay at one of these beautiful HomeAways located in proximity:
1. Brand new 2-bedroom apartment in Ginza, Tsukiji: When it squarely comes to convenience, it’s hard to beat the ultra-perfect location of this HomeAway that is close to – well – almost everything (check out the list by the host). Housing 6 guests, 5 beds, 2 bedrooms and a balcony, it’s quite spacious too.
2. 1-bedroom apartment near Shinjuku: Just located one minute away from the Ichigaya interchange, this cosy HomeAway serves as the best central location for any travellers in Tokyo with 4 adjacent rapid transit lines at Ichigaya station.
If you’ve seen the animated movie, Life of Buddha, you will recollect a scene where the Buddha walks and flowers on both sides of his path bloom spontaneously as he makes his way. Well, whether you possess that level of divinity or not, you can almost recreate that magical feeling here. Cherry blossoms dot the riverside and the path makes for a lovely walk in and around the area, making it an ideal sakura spot. Check out one of these HomeAways close by:
1. 2-bedroom apartment near Shinagawa Ku: Simply a 4-minute walk from the nearest station, Shimbamba STA, this cute, stylish HomeAway boasts of 2 bedrooms and sufficient facilities. There are quite a few house rules, so do read up on those. It even comes with a manual!
Yoyogi Park & Shinjuku Gyoen
Yoyogi park is one of the most popular destinations in Tokyo, and serves as an overall entertainment destination for rock music fans, comedians, jugglers etc. Spring season witnesses thousands of people since it serves as an ideal sakura spot. You can enjoy a leisurely walk around the area, or even rent a bike from a shop nearby. Soak in the view at your own pace.
Home to several cherry trees of myriad varieties, Shinjuku Gyoen is a treat for sakura spotters. Spacious lawns, tranquil atmosphere, and generally pleasant weather around the time make it a perfect destination to view sakura in all its blossoming glory. All one needs to enhance such a setting is a soothing glass of wine, but too bad that’s prohibited in this area! But luckily not in the comfort of these HomeAways that are in and around.
1. Central Shibuya Maisonette Apartment: Check yourself into this fully equipped, well designed, and luxurious HomeAway located in the central part of Tokyo-Shibuya. Best for groups too, since it accommodates upto 10 people. And yes, you can unwind with your glass of wine, here!
2. Cozy 2-bedroom apartment close to Higashi Shinjuku station: Located in the heart of Shinjuku close to all popular spots, this gorgeously designed apartment accommodating 6 guests will make your stay in Tokyo comfortable and memorable.
Over 1000 cherry trees line the central pathway of this park, which is immensely popular in general but even more so during the cherry blossom season. Unlike its quieter counterparts, this park is super lively due to the constant crowd year around and serves as a great picnic spot. It is also famous for the many museums on its ground and is home to Ueno Zoo, Japan’s first zoological garden. Stay close to all the action at one of these HomeAways:
1. 2-bedroom apartment close to Nishi-Nippori station: Who doesn’t like a strategically located HomeAway that also has a foosball table and dartboard right in the living room? Clean, well-designed, and equipped with the essentials – it’ll meet your expectations after a fun, tiring day out.
Traveling to view Sakura this season? Use promocode SAKURA17 to enjoy 8% OFF on your stay on HomeAway!
HomeAway is the world leader in vacation rentals. The HomeAway network of sites represent more than 1.2 million listings of vacation rental homes in 190 countries and is part of the Expedia group family of brands. Visit www.homeaway.com.sg or download the HomeAway app to choose the ideal holiday homes and vacation rentals for your next holiday.