Osaka, Japan’s second largest city, is known for its modern, stunning architecture; vibrant, buzzing nightlife; and diverse, delectable street food. While the city is largely an economic hub and even has the moniker of “nation’s kitchen,” it doesn’t slack on beautiful, natural surroundings – just like all of Japan. Some of the best sakura spots can be found here, so when you find yourself in the land of the rising sun, and specifically in Osaka, check out this list so you can stay in one of these HomeAways that keeps you close to where the blooming begins!
This 16th century construction is among Japan’s most famous monuments, and attracts tourists from across the world. The sprawling grounds boast of over 4000 cherry trees, making it one of the ideal sakura spots. Since it is so popular, expect large crowds during this season – but don’t worry since the sheer space is more than sufficient to accommodate anybody and everybody but do get there in time before the best spots are taken! These HomeAways in proximity will sort out your stay:
1. Super well furnished apartment in western part of Osaka ward: This spacious and immaculately maintained HomeAway located just a 3-minute walk from Awaza station can house upto 9 people and is perfect for a large group travelling together. It also has a nice lounge area, 2 balconies, and all the amenities to make your stay comfortable.
2. Luxurious and spacious apartment in Osaka: If you’re into all things stark white, this gorgeous, ultra-bright apartment centrally located in the core part of Osaka will be right up your alley. It is barely a minute walk from the nearest station and close to other downtown areas too. Oh, and it accommodates upto 16 people.
3. Private studio close to Osaka: This lovely, clean, cosy HomeAway is perfectly located and comfortably accommodates 4 guests – making it ideal for couples or a small family. Major highlight? It’s just 10-minute walking distance from the Fushimi Inari Shrine, one of Japan’s most popular tourist attractions.
Osaka Mint Bureau
If you’re wondering what the mint stands for in the name, it’s not a flavour! It is where coins, medals, and all metals are tested and certified. The premises of Osaka Mint Bureau – in particular the cherry garden – are specially open for one week to the public during hanami, when over 300 trees of more than 100 varieties can be viewed in all their glory. Stay at one of these HomeAways that are around the area:
1. Designer apartment close to USJ: We know you’re here to find the best sakura spots, but this stunningly designed apartment with plush interiors that houses 6 guests is also close to Universal Studios, Japan – so factor in some time for a trip to one of the best theme parks in Asia. After all, you’re there already!
2. 3-bedroom apartment close to Shinsaibashi:
Tennōji Zoo, Tsūtenkaku, Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan, Aerial Garden Observatory, Dotonbori, Osaka Castle – name a popular attraction in Osaka and this fantastic, spacious 3-bedroom HomeAway is close to it. As the host puts it, “it is a perfect place to call home when you stay out all day exploring the city.”
Expo Commemoration Park
This massive public park is dotted with a total of 4,70,000 trees (over 5000 of the cherry variety) spread over acres and acres of land. One of its highlights is the Tower of the Sun, which was built during the erstwhile Expo ’70 days. It is one of the most visited and popular sakura spots in Osaka, owing to its size and the fantastic view from all directions.
1. New 2-bedroom apartment close to Shin-Osaka station: There is something about the way all Japanese homes are designed – minimalistic yet super aesthetic. This lovely, traditional style apartment with the perfect blend of modernity is no exception. With 2 bedrooms and 5 beds, it can accommodate upto 8 guests. Packs in all the essentials too.
2. Modern, 1-bedroom luxury apartment: Located at barely a 5-minute walk from Shin Osaka station, this luxurious HomeAway will keep you comfortable and is close to other popular spots like Kyoto, Kobe, Umeda, Shinsai-bashi, and Nanba. The host is a hit with tourists too – just check out the reviews!
Traveling to view Sakura this season? Use promocode SAKURA17 to enjoy 8% OFF on your stay on HomeAway!
HomeAway is the world leader in vacation rentals. The HomeAway network of sites represent more than 1.2 million listings of vacation rental homes in 190 countries and is part of the Expedia group family of brands. Visit www.homeaway.com.sg or download the HomeAway app to choose the ideal holiday homes and vacation rentals for your next holiday.